Friday, November 04, 2005

Michael Brown's E-mail Around Katrina Time

brown_emails.pdf

On August 29th Brown writes:
"I got it at Nordtroms. Email McBride and make sure she knows! Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?"


Later that day:
"If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire you'll really vomit. I ama [sic] fashion god."


On the morning of August 29th water was quickly rising in New Orleans.

On September 4th Brown received an E-mail from Sharon Worthy with the Subject 'Your Shirt':
"Please roll up the sleeves of your shirt... all shirts. Even the President rolled his sleeves to just below the elbow.

In this crises and on TV you just need to look more hard-working...ROLL UP THE SLEEVES!"



For any Republican apologists who may be wondering - Bush gets blamed for the Katrina response because he hired people like Brown.