Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Another Packing List Plus Travel Strategies

 
 

Sent to you by Andy via Google Reader:

 
 

via The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss by Tim Ferriss on Jul 11, 2007

vaio-small.jpg
The incredible Sony VAIO VGN-TXN27N laptop. This beauty is less than 1" thick and weighs 2.8 lbs. If I add a few ounces of weight with the extended battery (on the right) and trick it out, I can get 15 hours of battery life.

The name of the game in world travel is being "fashionably light."

Hauling a five-piece Samsonite set around the planet is hell on earth. I watched a friend do this up and down dozens of subway and hotel staircases in Europe for three weeks, and--while I laughed a lot, especially when he resorted to just dragging or throwing his bags down stairs--I'd like to save you the breakdown. Trip enjoyment is inversely proportionate to the amount of crap (re: distractions) you bring with you.

Practice in 30-plus countries has taught me that packing minimalism can be an art.

I returned from Costa Rica last Wednesday, and have since landed in Maui, where I'll stay for one week. What did I pack and why? Check out the video... (more...)


 
 

Things you can do from here: