Thursday, July 08, 2010

Wagon Fever

I have to give station wagons their own tag since I mention them so often.

And I do so because I love them. And my love affair started with the Swedish Utility Vehicle - the Volvo 240 wagon and we (me and wagons) have been going steady ever since.

Wired's writers have the fever too, and the only prescription is to make a list.

See: 12 Wonderful Wagons We Want

I agree with every wagon choice though my list would also include the Volvo XC, the Buick Roadmaster Estate family, and the 1992-1996 Toyota Camry wagon.

And Consumer Reports is in the process of testing the car I would drive if I was told you can only have one car for the next 15 years, the TDI SportWagen. See: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI
...the vast majority of SportWagens (over 75 percent) are sold with the TDI diesel engine...