Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Clinton Is To Bush

Bush #43 is to Bush #41 as Hillary Clinton is to Bill Clinton - in that the most valuable trait for the current President and Senator Clinton is inner circle loyalty while the latter was more pragmatic.

See:
The Clintons And Loyalty
My Atlantic colleague Joshua Green has written often about Hillary Clinton's inner circle, and one of his broader conclusions is that its members value loyalty to Clinton more than they value other, more politically valuable traits, like competence and creativity. A decade of scandals, real and fake, hostile media coverage, and "traitors" like George Stephanopoulos have left a core of stalwarts who would never and will never desert, abandon, or to second guess the ambitions of Bill and Hillary Clinton.


For some reason this reminds me of the 'Three Amigos':

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A *plethora*.
Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?